Tuesday, April 16, 2013

6 Signs Your Marriage Is Rock Solid

by Sasha Brown Worsham
We talk a lot here about marriages that end and marriages that go bad. We talk about cheating and lying and all kinds of crappy things that men do to women and women do right back to men. But it's not all bad.
Some marriages are actually rock solid. I would say the grand majority of the marriages I see on any given day are strong and the two people are committed both to each other and to their children. Do I sound overly optimistic? I'm not. I understand things can go bad. I have seen many, many bad marriages. But I have also seen a whole lot of great ones. I asked around and came up with six signs your marriage is actually rock solid. Here they are:

He (or she) is the first person you want to call when you have good news: I can't imagine ever wanting to talk to anyone more than my husband when I get a promotion or a raise or a good review or something sweet from a friend. He is it. He is my best friend and my favorite confidant.

Your idea of a "date night" involves him and the couch: If just spending time together alone sounds dreamy to you, no matter what you are doing, you are probably still in love and probably in a great marriage.

You fantasize about a weekend alone with him or her: A lot of women can't wait to get AWAY from their man. If you still salivate at the idea of alone time with no kids bugging you and unrestricted access to his nether regions, then yes. I am thinking you are still pretty solid.

He still makes you laugh more than anyone: I will say until the day I die that the key to a good marriage is laughter. You must also want to see one another naked, but laugh a lot first. It makes everything all better. Promise.

Even though you have been together forever, the smell of his or her neck is still amazing: Yup, you are still in love.

When he is away, you still curl up on your side of the bed: You miss him in the bed and would not dream of taking his spot.