Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Meaning of True Love


Brenda and her boyfriend, Steve were speeding over 100mph on a motorcycle. Brenda said to Steve,
"Please, slow down. I'm scared."
"No this is fun," Steve replied.
"Please, its not fun," she cried. "Please, it's too scary for me!"
"Ok," he said gently, "then tell me you love me."
"Fine, I love you. Slow down, I beg you in God's name."
"One more thing baby," he hollowed. "Now give me a big hug."
She hugged him. Holding him tight with fear written all over her.
"Thanks baby, can you take my helmet off and put it on? It's bugging me." He whispered into her hears. That way, they rode into the night.

In the paper the next day: A motorcycle had crashed into a building because of brake failure. Two people were on the motorcycle, but only one survived. The truth was that halfway down the road, Steve realized that his brakes broke, but he didn't want to let the Brenda know. Instead, he had her say she loved him, felt her hug one last time, then had her wear his helmet so she would live even though it meant he would die.

The life of Steve is symbolic of true love, do you agree?